Data Analyst – vacancy
Leiden Learning & Innovation Centre is looking for a Data Analyst (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) for the Data & Media team.
Are you convinced that decisions should be made based on more than experience and gut-feeling? Do you want to help Leiden University apply this thinking to the design of her curriculum and courses? And do you know the ins and outs of data analysis? Then look no further.
As part of the Data & Media team, you’ll focus on supporting LLInC and the faculties of Leiden University with data analysis and modelling on educational data. Your tasks will include:
- Identifying and scoping the questions from teachers, making sure to understand what the purpose and envisioned action of their data analysis questions is.
- Investigating whether the question requires custom analysis or can be done with the currently available tools in e.g. Brightspace.
- Collecting and structuring the necessary data for the custom analyses.
- Thinking creatively about the analysis approach, proactively suggesting more advanced approaches, likely unknown to our clients, when appropriate.
- Setting up your analysis code or machine learning/statistical models whilst at the same time building up a library of analysis functionalities to allow easy reuse.
- Aligning with your clients on the assumptions to be made and definitions to be used, aiming for standard definitions throughout the university.
- Presenting your analysis or model results and steps taken in a visually attractive way
We are looking for a data analysis enthusiast that also doesn’t mind taking on some tasks in related fields from time to time, such as software engineering, web development or data engineering.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Computer Science, Statistics and Data Science, Engineering and Policy Analysis, Science Business and Innovation, Business Analytics or similar studies)
- 0-4 years of experience in data analysis
- Practical experience with analytical techniques, this should include but not be limited to data analysis, predictive modelling, and data visualization.
- Experience with Python or R, both is a plus
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken)
- Experience with dashboarding tools like PowerBi is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience in a consulting role is a plus
In January 2023, the Centre for Innovation (CFI) and the Higher Education department of ICLON merged into the Leiden Learning & Innovation Centre (LLInC). At LLInC, we use our talents and enthusiasm to support first-class education at Leiden University. Our multidisciplinary team of 50 professionals work closely with university lecturers on tools and techniques that make learning attractive, innovative, accessible, and inclusive. Our way of working is collaborative and creative. We are not afraid to experiment and take risks, and we prioritise solutions that have a positive impact on people and our world.
The employment contract is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities for a period of one year. Depending on education and work experience, the salary falls into scale 10 or 11 and amounts to €2.960 – 5.439 gross per month for a full-time appointment. In case of proven suitability and performance, the contract will be made permanent after the one-year period.
LLInC has office space in The Hague and Leiden, but it is also allowed to partly work from home.
In addition, Leiden University has good employment conditions. For example, there is an end-of-year bonus (8.3%), holiday allowance (8%), excellent training facilities, paid parental leave and the option to choose tailor-made employment conditions via a selection model. You can find all information about this at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
Diversity and inclusion are core values of Leiden University. Leiden University strives to become an inclusive community that enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. We welcome diversity in experiences and perspectives as they enrich and strengthen our teaching and research.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Michiel Musterd, manager Data, AI & Media, email: email@example.com
Applications accompanied by a cover letter and CV can be addressed to Michiel Musterd – firstname.lastname@example.org until 31 March 2023. In case of equal suitability, priority will be given to internal candidates.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.